The Undies Project
Providing new underwear to people in need
The inspiration to create The Undies Project came to Lucy Langley in 2014 while volunteering at Neighbor to Neighbor, a local non-profit organization serving people in need in Port Chester, NY, Stamford, CT and Greenwich, CT areas. While she sorted clothes for distribution she realized that underwear was the most under-donated and most needed item of clothing. She couldn’t imagine what it would be like to go without this basic necessity, or having to make the choice between putting a meal on the table or buying new underwear. Lucy discussed ways to overcome this need with her friend, Laura Delaflor. Laura quickly became very enthusiastic about helping and was instrumental in getting the project off the ground. After many months, and many discussions, Lucy and Laura co-founded The Undies Project in 2015 with the help of Neighbor to Neighbor. In our first year we distributed all our donations through Neighbor to Neighbor to their clients. The Undies Project Inc became a registered 501(c)(3) public charity in 2016.
Our mission is to provide new underwear to men, women and children in need to improve their lives. Underwear is the most under-donated, and most needed item of clothing. No one should be deprived of the simple, daily necessity of clean underwear that many of us take for granted. Hygiene and physical comfort are only a part of this basic human need. New, clean underwear also provides dignity and self esteem. For many underwear is a necessity, not a luxury.
Who We Help
Our mission is to help all men, women and children in need.We assist non-profit organizations in Lower Fairfield County, CT and Westchester County, NY that provide basic human needs such as clothing, food and shelter. We are currently helping:
Art & Acceptance
Bridgeport Rescue Mission
Clothes to Kids of Fairfield County
Homeless Outreach Team
Homes with Hope
Kids In Crisis
Mothers for Others
Neighbor to Neighbor
New Covenant Center
Open Door Shelter
Person to Person
The Salvation Army
YWCA Domestic Abuse Services
How to Help
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted" – Aesop
What We Need
- All ages and sizes needed of:
- - NEW or gently used bras
- - NEW womens panties
- - NEW mens boxers and briefs
- - NEW childrens underwear
How You Can Help
- - Purchase product through our Amazon Wish List
- - Make a monetary donation by check made payable to “The Undies Project Inc.”
- - Use Amazon Smile instead of Amazon and select
The Undies Project as your charity of choice
- - Buy an extra pack of undies, or a bra,
& donate it directly to us
- - Hold a drive through your local church, synagogue,
school, college, or community group
- - Hold a “Panties Party” or a
“BYOB” (Bring Your Own Bra) Party!
- - Collect loose change from friends,
family & colleagues - it soon adds up!
- - Volunteer with us
How to Donate
- Purchase items via our Amazon Wishlist
- Please choose 'Undies Project Inc' for your charitable organization.
Cocktails & Comedy 2018 with Ross Bennett
Saturday September 29th 7-10 pm
MC Jane Condon
Guest of Honor: Olga Litvinenko, Miss Connecticut USA 2017
Checkout Olga's new perfume line LOLA & LEONE and use code "Undies2018" at checkout!
Silent auction, cash bar, signature cocktail designed by Debra Ponzek, hors d’oeuvres & desserts by Aux Délices, live music, MC comedian Jane Condon & photographer Olivier Kpognon of O & Co Media.
Tickets $95 on sale now!
Silent Auction Sneak Peak
- Your Dream Vermont Weekend: enjoy three nights stay including two tickets to the show of your choice at the acclaimed Weston Playhouse. Visit the Manchester outlet stores and have a meal at Depot 62 in Manchester.
- Tour de Pizza: enjoy pizza from many local Pizzarias including Pizza Post and Fairfield Pizza.
- Treat Yourself to Symphonic Beauty: two tickets to all 2018-2019 season performances of the fabulous Norwalk Symphony Orchestra.
Undies Donations Received 2018
- Berkshire Hathaway Home Services - Greenwich & Old Greenwich
- Belle Tex
- Glamorise Foundations Inc
- Greenwich Academy
- Greenwich Women's Golf Club
- Inside the Armoire - Greenwich
- Kids Kloset, Westchester, NY
- Kind donors from: AZ; CA; CO; CT; LA; MA; MN; NJ; NY; VA
- Professional Physical Therapists - Harvard Ave, Stamford
- Soleil Toile - Westport
- Terrain - Westport
- Undie Sunday Participating Churches & Synagogues
- Mardi Bra Participants
Why we started The Undies Project
Providing new, unused underwear is a true, unmet need among our low-income neighbors. Most of us take for granted buying new underwear, or laundering our underwear to have a clean pair to wear everyday. For many this is not a reality. Imagine having to choose between feeding your family or providing them with new, clean underwear. It is unimaginable isn’t it? Hygiene and physical comfort are only a part of this basic human necessity. New, clean underwear also provides dignity and self esteem. Through our own research we found that the average cost of a bra in 2015 was $40. The average cost of a pair of boxers, or panties, was $10. That is a great deal of money each year if you are on a low income and have a family to cloth. In the words of Anne Frank, “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world”. Please help us start to improve the world of our neighbors. Lucy & Laura